Galinhada is a famous brazilian recipe that mixes chicken and rice. It's really easy to prepare, cheap and very tasteful. The recipe below is recommended for 6 people.
- 1 1/2 cup of oil
- 3 tbsp of minced garlic
- Chicken thighs or drumsticks (or both), without skin (peel it if necessary)
- 1 onion (chopped in little pieces)
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 cup of chopped parsley
- 2 chicken flavor bouillon cubes (Maggi or Knorr)
- 3 cups of rice
- 2 quarts of water
- 1/2 lemon (the juice)
- 1 grated carrot
How to prepare:
1. Heat the oil in a big pan
2. Fry the minced garlic until it becomes golden
3. Put the chicken pieces and let it fry until it reaches a caramel color (stir if needed). Use salt at this point.
4. Mix the chopped onion, the tomato, the parsley and the chicken falvor builoon cubes. Mix everything and let it stand for 10 minutes.
5. Mix the rice, the lemon juice and the water.
6. When the rice is beginning to dry, add the grated carrot and mix.
7. Turn off when you notice that the rice reached a moistured paste consistency and that there still few water.
8.Let it stand for 10 minutes before serving. It's important that the rice remains moistured.