- 2 eggplants
- 1 onion
- 3/4 lb of ham
- 3/4 lb of mozzarella cheese
- 2 cans of flavored tomato sauce (e.g. 4 cheese or marinara)
- Parmesan cheese
- Minced garlic, salt, pepper (optional)
1. Peel the eggplant and slice it in thin pieces. Chop the onion in small pieces.
2. In a large pan, fry with a little bit of oil the minced garlic and the chopped onion.
3. Add the tomato sauce (salt and pepper as desired) and let it boil, then add carefully the eggplant pieces and with a large spoon push it down so the sauce can cover it. Simmer for 15 minutes on low-medium.
4. In a baking pan, build the lasagna in layers starting with an eggplant and sauce layer, then the ham and the mozzarella cheese. Repeat the process for the rest of the layers, try to finish it (last layer) with eggplant and the sauce. Cover it with parmesan cheese. Bake it for 15 minutes uncovered (375 degrees).
Feeds 5 - 6 people.